Pikto Inc. (“Pikto”) was founded on the principle of bringing the elegance of beautiful photo books together with the speed and simplicity of mobile devices. We know that you care about how your personal information is collected, used and shared, and we take your privacy very seriously.
We actively collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you create an account and send us an email. We automatically collect certain information when you use our Pikto Products and Services, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring site and your activity while using Pikto Products and Services. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
We may also automatically collect certain information through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Pikto cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
- to provide our services or information you request, and to process and complete any transactions;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze Pikto Products and Services usage and trends to better understand how Pikto users use our products and services; and to increase their functionality and user friendliness;
- for any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of Pikto Products and Services;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on Pikto Products and Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants or court orders;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of us.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
As you browse pikto.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with pikto.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll and their partners’ targeted advertising.
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please be aware, however, that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
You must be 14 years and older to register to use the Pikto Products and Services. As a result, Pikto does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that Pikto has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 14 and 18 ask and receive their parents’ permission before using Pikto Products and Services or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.