With the start of November just around the corner, this is the time of year we like to start getting our ducks in a row for the upcoming holiday season; gifting lists, holiday cards and most fun of all: gift wrapping style!
Before the holiday madness kicks in, we wanted to share with you a few tips and inspiration to getting your gifts looking pretty even if you’re not the craftiest of types.
First things first, gift tags.
Dress up your gifts with personalized gift tags. We like printing our own on Impressed App’s 3×3″ mini prints.
1. A photo of a special moment shared with the recipient makes for a great gift topper that they can re-use as a daily memento even once the holiday season has come and gone.
2. Print a stock photo of a scene you know your recipient will enjoy.
TIP #2: use the sites’ search tools to find particular scenes or themes such as ‘forest’ or ‘ocean’
3. Print free original artwork and graphics directly from Impressed’s ‘Free Artwork’ section.
TIP: find it in your photo sources section, once you start making prints
4. Consider getting 2 different sizes of gift tags and layering them to create unique combinations.
Onwards: wrapping paper
We’re huge fans of purchasing rolls of solid wrapping paper (2 complimentary colors will do!) and letting the accenting and ribbon shine. This year, we even played around with layering our paper to create a color blocking effect.
We typically like to choose 3 colors that would go well together as part of our theme and let those colors inspire our accents. Your accents don’t have to quite read holiday either - think outside of the box and have fun with it!
- ribbon + string
- colored sharpies for making patterns + designs directly on your wrapping paper
- washi tape
TIP: we used ours to make patterns and affix tags to our gifts
Download Impressed app for iPhone.
Download Impressed app for Android.